Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Meeting Arizona

I laughed when I read the following headline:

Arizona Hotels Thriving Despite Boycotts Over Immigration Law

Where do you suppose all those protesters stayed when they were in Arizona?  On the streets?

On a similar note, I've been doing all that I could to help boost their economy.  Last year I did not go to Arizona.  This year I spent a week there in May, I was there last week and I will spend a week there in August.  I spent on hotel, rental car, meals and fuel.  All of the travel was associated with business meetings so there was also rental on the meeting facility and other associated expenses.  I don't meet by myself, so there were others doing the same thing.

I wonder if maybe the whole Immigration Uproar is just a marketing ploy to raise the country's awareness of Arizona!

No comments: