Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Senator Cornyn Quotes Obama on Energy

I think it is no secret if you have looked at this blog that I am a fan of our Senator John Cornyn of Texas. The following quote from his speech on the Senate floor yesterday is a great illustration of why.

“I want to begin my remarks this morning by quoting the distinguished junior Senator from Illinois, Senator Obama, who said recently, ‘our dependence on foreign oil strains family budgets, and it saps our economy. Oil money pays for the bombs that go off from Baghdad to Beirut and the bombast of dictators from Caracas to Tehran…our nation will not be secure unless we take that leverage away and our planet will not be safe unless we move decisively toward a clean energy future.’ I’d like to say to those comments from Senator Obama…Amen. And so I would ask him, why do he and our colleagues on the other side of the aisle continue to oppose domestic energy production that would reduce our dependency on oil from the Middle East?"

There's more. You can read it here.

No comments: