Friday, September 19, 2008

Palin's Style

Governor Palin's "style" is the subject of an article in the Washington Post. The title implies that the Governor is more attuned to the Public's will than to the machinations of government. Interestingly, the article attempts to subtly paint that attitude as a bad thing. It strikes me more as an "executive" thing. That's the way many executives work. They know where they need to go and they get there. They don't worry about "turf" or stepping on a few toes if those things are standing in the way of accomplishing what needs to happen. The article, which seems to paint Palin as someone who railroads her views, seems to me to bring out her executive qualifications -- one of those talking points that has many wagging their heads over her qualifications. But what do I know........I thought being attuned to the will of the people was a good thing.

1 comment:

i beati said...

It is a good thing-- update on Florida- The Obamas are going door to door and have over 300,000 new voters. The Mc Cain troop is nowhere to be seen in the cities I've been in. I went to get a sign , said they had to go to Ocala to buy some - starting too late