Sunday, April 19, 2009

Misdirected Behavior

After being out of town so much lately I had to spend my Sunday afternoon paying bills. Now, I'm always thankful that I can pay my bills but it isn't one of my favorite tasks. What got to me today was that one of the checks that I wrote was to GMAC. The thought occurred to me that GMAC is part of GM. The government just poured a bunch of money into them -- which I've been doing off-and-on for much of my life. So, now I'm paying them twice -- once with a coupon and once in my tax bill. Somehow that just doesn't seem right to me. I've always paid my bills. My credit is good. I don't owe much money but when I do owe someone I pay them.

Suddenly it occurred to me that those of us who seek to do the right thing and work to take care of our obligations are penalized for our good behavior while those who do the opposite are rewarded for their bad behavior. Hmm....I wonder if that is what the "Tea Parties" were really about.....

The Administration still doesn't get it.

Axelrod: Tea Party Anger is Misdirected

No comments: